Capt. NealŪ

"Maxprop" wrote in message ink.net...
I just love it. CN, from his tiny Coronado on a mooring somewhere in FL,
criticizing a crew racing the Hobart. Stretches one's incredulity, it does.

It is clear from the picture that the so-called crew is inept. You don't
sail a boat sideways if you have any skill at all. You don't sail with
an unbalanced sail plan if you expect to have any control at the helm.

Had I been in charge of that boat, it would have had a 50% jib up
to balance out the reefed mainsail. I would have been going forward -
not sideways. What makes you think any race crew knows what they
are doing when the picture clearly shows their obvious ineptitude?

CN