Brian Whatcott

On 21 Dec 2004 17:20:25 -0800, (Steve Squires)
wrote:

I am looking for a diagram or instruction to accurately set up the
throttle linkages on my 1982 Evinrude 40hp Worktwin outboard motor.
Thankyou pugwashhjw for your earlier info.

If I recall, there is an adjustable length link between the two carbs,
and a link to the throttle cable.
First, make sure the carb butterflies open fully and close fully
together. By eye.
Then set the throttle linkage. It is possible that you may need to set
the butterflies slightly open at idle if there is much wear.
You can normally do these links reasonably well by eye.

Brian W