Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

Well said Thom.
I believe that calling them "seas" is purely a vanity thing....the
sailors like to think they've been to sea.

They should just accept that they are lake sailors.

What gave you the impression that we think we are anything but "lake
sailors?" We never denied it; to the contrary we are proud of it. But the
characteristics of the GLs are often more aptly described by the behavior of
a sea than what one generally thinks of with the term *lake.* Many salty
pilots find themselves in a world of hurt in the GLs after crossing the
Atlantic and adopting a feeling of relative security, now that they are on
just a bunch of big *lakes.* The survivors go back across the pond, tail
between their legs, telling everyone in Europe and Asia about the malignant
inland "seas" in the American East and Midwest.

Max