Capt. NealŪ

The only thing sillier than your modified keel was your
original keel. Your original was a racing appendage stuck
on a cruising boat. Just as silly as a farm tractor wheel
on a sports car.

You did change the keel to more match the intended
purpose of your boat with her raised salon design.
However, you decreased the efficiency of your keel
and you moved the center of resistance aft. Hello,
weather helm.

As for the little endplates - cosmetic at best and
additional drag at worse.

Sail a cruiser with a Scheel keel and experience the
best compromise yet to be invented for a cruiser.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
So CN,

Do you still think my Wing Keel is the silliest thing you've seen in a
while?

Do you understand its' function now?

Another question; Does a "Fine Entry" mean a clean, cut away Bow with
enough buoyance to slice through a chop cleanly and not pound on the
other side or as I understand you to say, a bow that rises on the wave
to stay dry? I think it is better to stay level rather than pounding. To
much forward buoyancy will produce a pounder. Do you agree?

I do have a Cruiser. Do you have a problem with a fast cruiser, with a
comfortable motion?

Ole Thom