Capt. NealŪ

The old coot has yet to throw a punch that connected.

The man lives in a fantasy world of facts and figures
that people believed in fifty or sixty years ago. But,
times have changed and Ole Thom has failed to keep
up with them.

Everything he writes about has the smell of old and
obsolete.

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...

Careful Thom, kep thumping hum like that and you could damage your
hands....unless they're properly wrapped.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:12:51 -0800, (Thom Stewart)
scribbled thusly:

CN,

Yes, I did increase wetted area and yes I probably slowed it down. It
was taken into consideration.

Now, let's talk about the bulbous nose of the Submarine. The Shape of
the Nose was basically for CONTROL! The new power plants on the Subs
increase speed so much that the "BOW Plane operators could never
compensated for the asymmetries shape of the old hulls BUT my friend the
superstructure was made long and pointy and called a sail. They didn't
shape it like a ball!

The Bulbous Bows on Merchant Ship is something you've prove you haven't
a clue about, as pointed out by someone from the group. It is there to
create and control the BOW WAVE to stabilize the length the wave for
hull speed. Remember the KIWIS tried it with their bolt on bottom and
brought the stern wave aboard the hull.

We know you have never come to terms with Hull Speed and Wave Conformity
but they are related. Hull design 101 (Grin)

Ole Thom

Oz1...of the 3 twins.