Joe

CaptMMA wrote:
Subject: Neal Warren, Master Mariner
From: "Joe"
Date: 12/19/2004 6:54 AM Pacific Standard Time

CaptMMA wrote:
From: "Bob Crantz"

Date: 12/16/2004 11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

A Master's license does not make one a Master Mariner. Not even an

unlimited
Master's license does that.

That all depends on who defines "Master"

According to the USCG you are a "master of"

But according to the Sea....no one will master her.... ever....

You sign your post as Capt. Are you a licenced Capt, or just another
Bobspirt like Capt?

Joe

The term "Master Mariner" is an industry term, not a USCG term.
I'm licensed, but do not sign my post because of that, rather,

because I've
sailed as that.
The term of address - Captain - applies to any Master of a vessel.

However, the
term Master Mariner, only applies to those with unlimited licenses

and there
are some variations within the industry as to it's use even for them.

WOW thats very strange...My USCG Licences calls me a "Master of Freight
and Towing Vessels of not more than 1,600 ton upon oceans not more than
200 miles offshore".

The CG call me one.... and it is a limited license.

So you sir..... are full of ****! Another Bobspirt Capt.
Joe

Capt.