Robert Haston

Thanks. It looks like 24V and a converter for those who need it will work
best.

"Chris Newport" wrote in message
On Saturday 18 December 2004 9:57 pm in rec.boats.building Robert Haston
wrote:

How common are 36 or 48 volt systems in marine use? Is there some
specific
safety rule?

I want to make and sell an LED lighting system that gets much easier to
assemble and operate at these higher voltages.

Very rare or non-existant. I have never seen 36 or 48 volt, we
did have a 32 volt system on an ancient boat but I have not seen
32 volt since except on farm lighting systems and even those are
rare nowadays.

If you want to sell to boat owners you need to offer 12 and
24 volt options. Why not pick the best voltage for your
system and add a DC-DC converter from 12/24 ?.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently