Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:31:22 +1000, "Paul Jenny& Matt"
wrote:

My dealer told me to only use "yammylube" in my 130 HP yamaha. Or i will
void my warranty.( he noticed an empty Valvolene oild bottle in the boat at
service.) Both oils comform to the standard that is specified in the hand
book ( TCW3) the Valvolene is about $5.00 cheaper for 4 litres than the
Yammy lube. I cant see any reason to use anything different. even the hand
book says to use Yammy lube or a TCW3 oil.

Your dealer is wrong. The warranty is spec'd out to TCW3 and any oil
that conforms to that standard is valid. That does not mean that
Yamalube doesn't have a "special" ingredient though.

Later,

Tom