jps

Default Off the Topic. I'm waiting to see...

In article ,
88 says...

Your bud, Harry, has made several posts without comment on the capture of
Saddam. As yet, jps has had no comment. Wonder why? Could it be because they
can't come up wit a way to put a negative spin on it?

Wow John, couldn't wait to post this could you?

I've been reading various news sources and really didn't think of
rec.boats this morning. Now that I'm here, I'm happy to comment, as you
would expect.

I'm very pleased that scum bag is out of circulation. I'm surprised
they took him alive and even more surprised they didn't clean him up to
make him look like the leader of the insurgents. I admit that's pretty
cynical but I expect this administration to play a crooked hand.

While I could hope this slows down the conflict I expect it'll only
reinforce the anti-American sentiment in the region.

Go to Aljazeera.net and see what the Arab reaction is. They're happy
that he's caught but ****ed it wasn't Iraqis who caught him. They hate
Bush and, like us liberals, don't want to see anything that causes his
rise in popularity.

They're as aware of the political implications as we are. I expect that
may be a catalyst for increased resistance.

Truth be told, I thought if the US got his hands on Saddam that this
admin. would keep him under wraps until October of 2004. I guess Karl
Rove wasn't making the call.

jps