Overproof

Take a look at the AM Cup Racers.... do you see a bulbous nose on
any???....NO!

Do birds have really big heads.... no

Does a fine entry provide less friction... Yes!

CM

"Capt. NealŪ" wrote in message
They come to a point, yes, a bulbous point. Look at your typical
submarine, dear sir, is there a point or a nice bulbous shape?
Look at most any jet airplane and note the nose does not come
to a point. Look at the space shuttle. Do you see any points there?

I suppose it's too much to ask that anyone here really understand
hydrodynamics but at least try. To get a fat object like a sailboat
through the water efficiently you've got to consider a couple of
things. One is wetted surface. You can have less wetted surface with
a bulb (a sphere is the shape with minimum surface area vs. volume)
than with some long drawn out point. That is a simple fact.

It follows with a ballast keel that a bulb is the most efficient
shape as far as hydrodynamics and containing the volume necessary
is concerned. You want the weight low because it's ballast. You
want hydrodynamic efficiency - you want a bulb for a cruiser.

Granted, a long, deep skinny keel is best for a racer but they are
not constrained by draft like a cruiser is. Do you own a racer or
a cruiser. Answer that question before you screw up a cruiser
chasing racer dreams.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
CN,

You've given some REALLY Supid reasoning but I guess we can blame the
source.

CN, take your own example; THE SHARK;--- You sound like you never seen
one! Their frontal profile is pointed. POINTED. Its mouth and teeth
aren't in the way