tony thomas

Johnson oil is not a lower end oil. It is the manufacturer oil. That would
be considered name brand.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com
"Proxy" wrote in message
After having no issue with my (sold) old gear (100Hp Johnson 1971) that
did
not want to quit I have doubts about oil quality impact here. Can't
imagine
all previous owners always have bought top stuff (?!). My conclusion would
be: never run the engine without the oil or wrong (too little oil) ratio.
That is a true killer. Ironically my engine seemed happier with lower end
brands (mainly Johnson) - less smoke and more even idle. Try to figure
that...

"name" wrote in message
. ..
Most likely 50:1.
And don't forget to use a good quality oil.

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Hi
Could anyone out there advise me as to the petrol/oil mix for an 80s
vintage Evinrude 50
thanks anyone