Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:21:43 -0500, "Proxy" wrote:

After having no issue with my (sold) old gear (100Hp Johnson 1971) that did
not want to quit I have doubts about oil quality impact here. Can't imagine
all previous owners always have bought top stuff (?!). My conclusion would
be: never run the engine without the oil or wrong (too little oil) ratio.
That is a true killer. Ironically my engine seemed happier with lower end
brands (mainly Johnson) - less smoke and more even idle. Try to figure
that...

Dosen't surprize me - less additives/detergents, etc.

Later,

Tom