katysails

Poor Lee...he never should have moved south...I thought he was going to land
in the Chesapeake somewhere and travel back and forth to FL from
there....That boat was a cool boat to sail but it sure was wet and sure did
sail to weather...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

High and dry is a better thing...even if it was warm and dry enough to

sail
Lake Michigan does strange things in the winter time....like 20 ft waves
with very short intervals...the kind that take out the big
lakers...having
spoken with people all over, I've found that even when you live in better
climes there are still reasons why you can't sail: hurricanes,

interminate
rain, doldrums, excessive hear, etc. We all suffer some malady from
weather...my philosophy has become more enjoy every moment when the
moment
is upon you rather than bemoaning. Especially since Mr Sails keeps

looking
at his birthplace for our retirement rather than south (he was born in
Marquette, Mi, about 5 miles from the artic circle...that's a joke...)

I had a recent chat with someone who spoke with Lee T. (remember him? the
guy with the flag blue 28' Morris Linda) who moved his boat to the FL
panhandle some years back. He used to put his boat on the hard during the
summer there--claimed it was just too hot to sail. Not sure I agree, but
guess he sold his boat or is considering selling it. Just not the same as
the sailing/camaraderie/weather in Michigan, so it seems. While MI may
have
brutal winters, there's no free lunch (in sailing parlance) until you get
closer to the equator where the trades blow and keep you comfortable and
moving along.

I expect some flames on this.

Max