Rich Hampel

Unless the hull has preexisting structural or design flaws you should
have no problem. Most materials get 'stronger' at lower temperatures.

The ski patrols of the world have been using fiberglass rescue
toboggans since the mid 60s without any noticable problems from the
(extreme) cold.

In article , BSCHNAUTZ
wrote:

hey, it's about 30 degrees F. here, and pretty soon I'll hafve to move my 17
ft. Fiberglass I/O to a new location. and by that time, it will be well around
0 f.

When it's that cold, do I have a chance of temperature cracking or doing other
damage to the hull? The boat is on an EZ-Load roller trailer, and I'll be
moving it about 6 mi. over a horrible, but yet, not-so-smooth pavement.

If there is danger of stress, are there any precautions I can and should take?
THANKS!

Tim