DSK

Maxprop wrote:
I had a recent chat with someone who spoke with Lee T. (remember him? the
guy with the flag blue 28' Morris Linda) who moved his boat to the FL
panhandle some years back. He used to put his boat on the hard during the
summer there--claimed it was just too hot to sail. Not sure I agree, but I
guess he sold his boat or is considering selling it.

I can see his point of view. In the summer, it's not only hot as blazes
but there's no wind. What's the point of trying to go "sailing" in that?

OTOH once you become acclimated, there are lots of great sailing days
all year. Fewer in the high summer, or the dead of winter, but (for
example) for about 15 years I maintained a tradition of sailing every
New Years Day. It brought good luck. Some of those sails were very
enjoyable, some were "pro forma" and brief.

... Just not the same as
the sailing/camaraderie/weather in Michigan, so it seems.

I think you can find camaraderie everywhere.

... While MI may have
brutal winters, there's no free lunch (in sailing parlance) until you get
closer to the equator where the trades blow and keep you comfortable and
moving along.

There are plusses and minusses to every location.

I expect some flames on this.

Why? Your prior behavior?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King