Earl Haase

I bought one of these for my 9,000 lb Chris Craft. The way I saw it was
that if they rated and advertised it for 10,000 lbs then that answered
the question. I ended up not using it though, because on my boat
installing it behind the wheel moved the wheel out too close to the
fixed position helm seat.

Earl

David Carrick wrote:

Has anyone had experience with a RayMarine Sport Pilot Plus on a 9000
pound modified vee hull ? Steering is quite well balaced at cruising
speeds. Have not measured the torque on the wheel but don 't feel I am
fighting it.

RayMarine would not commit to recommending this product because the
design limit is 10000 pounds. They would not say it would not work
either which was not much help.

There are better solutions for helm mounted cable steered vessels like
Cetrek but space for mounting drive unit behind helm is quite limited
in depth.

Any comments would be helpful.