Skip Gundlach

How about using Great Stuff from Dow, spray it in in small
layers/quantities
to allow for a complete cure before adding more?

Anyone have suggestions? What's easier? What's more worth it? Any

pourable
Mfgr's suggestions?
I'm a newby to boat construction but NOT to woodworking.

Thanks in advance
Don

Having just faced something similar (an irregular shape I wanted to have
foam in) I can share some info from Dow:

Great Stuff isn't. It's hygroscopic and open celled; in English that means
it will soon have no floatation in the event of a leak or any air
infiltration which can condense moisture.

I'm using the appropriate product, Froth-Pak, from Dow to fill my very
irregular space. The rest of it I'm epoxying from extruded polystyrene
sheets (just to make it more bulletproof and edge-sealed; it's closed cell
and relatively waterproof as a genre). I'm using it for insulation, but
keeping water out is of major importance to the project.

Froth-Pak comes in 1 cubic foot or much larger sized 2-part containers.
Spray it in similarly to Great stuff, but do some external testing first to
get a feel for how much it expands.

Visit rparts.com's user's forum and look for my threads there; Glenn Ashmore
has also used a two-part poured foam successfully, and I know he's equally
anal about keeping water out.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain