Steve Lomax

Default Marina gas prices - how much are you paying this summer?

Here in the UK we are lucky to find fuel at less than $7 per gallon for
unleaded, and we can't calim any tax back.(marine and heating deisel is
about half the price)
fuel is heavily taxed in the interests of 'green issues' in an attempt to
reduce greenhouse gasses. A typical day's boating in a 4.3l mercruiser is
about $100 in. I'm afraid you will get little sympathy from this side of the
pond for complaints on gas prices. Please don't take this the wrong way, I
would *love* to be able to get petrol at 23 pence a litre. -Hey, I'd even
bath in the stuff! Considerable numbers of people here now have even
resorted to buying large quantities of cooking oil to use as deisel in cars
and vans. Our roads now sometimes smell like a back street fish and chip
shop (you have to experience this to appriciate it!)
..
"Snafu" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I usually fill my trailer boat at the same place I fill the truck, and the
cost here in Vancouver, WA is about $1.50 - $1.60 per gallon. Last

weekend,
I used a marina slip at Ilwaco, WA where there is just one fuel dock. The
price: $2.049 per gallon. Ashore, the price of gas in the Ilwaco / Long
Beach, WA area is about $1.80, but that includes road tax (WA has one of

the
highest road taxes in the US) which the marina fuel dock presumably does

not
include.

My brother-in-law was recently at Lake Shasta, CA. He says the gas price

at
marinas there is about $3.00 per gallon!

How much are you paying at the dock? How does it compare to the price
ashore?

Just curious
Dan