del cecchi

Default 2 or 4 stroke?

"Billgran" wrote in message

"K Smith" wrote in message

However as I made it clear each person has to make their own

decision,
we've been warning about & explaining why this particular DFI won't,
indeed we say can't, work since before they were even properly in

the
market & to date have seen nothing but BS from OMC,

Hey Karen,

Whump........Whump..........Whump..... ......Yep, the horse is still

dead.
When are you going to come up with any information that is newer than

1998?

Bill Grannis
service manager

It is still a question unresolved. Is there a fundamental problem with
"clean" 2 strokes that would, under some conditions of use, lead them to
fail? Or was there a problem with manufacturing quality or design that
led to some models of Ficht having problems?

The fact that PBR has run a couple of motors without problems doesn't
really prove much. After all, OMC ran more than a couple of motors,
presumably without significant problems, during their testing phase yet
ran into problems upon general availability.

The fact that the Bombardier family put their personal money into buying
the recreation group is a sign to me that it is possible that the
problems were not fundamental, and have been worked out. But that's me.
I guess we will know in a few years.

del cecchi