Overproof

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

My notebook has 64. Now I see why you're so out of touch. The technology
has
come a long way. Even a low end notebook can do photo editing with ease.

Yes Bob..... I'm well aware of the ancient status of my beater Laptop.....
I'm aware of what's available. I also know what's required to complete
photo editing in a timely manner.... and 64 megs compared to 256megs is a
major time factor increase. Never mind the screen size you have to work
with.... let alone the HD space and limitations on peripherals.

I currently use a RAID set-up.... on my "desk-top"... I'm looking at the
newest Asus board and maybe the XT 800X All in Wonder 256 Meg graphics card.

I have a bunch of old 8mm movie reels that I want to record and store. They
are circa 1950 and include quite a few animated movies from the era. I
believe I have some old black and white "Tweety & Sylvester" as well as very
old "Mickey Mouse" reels. The ones before they changed his appearance. I
want to store them to digital for personal use. Can you advise me on how to
best approach this?

CM