katysails

Do you still keep a lumberyard of plywood under your v-berth? I believe
Thom is referring to references of "Chiquita Banana"...

"Capt. NealŪ" wrote in message
Hey, Ole Thom, you should learn how to separate wishful thinking
from reality. For one thing, the broken boom happened years after
I made my way successfully down to the sea. If you will kick start
some of those alcohol-soaked brain cells of yours, you would recall
the boom broke while I was beating out of St. Augustine in half a gale.
That inlet is known for steep and dangerous seas in on-shore
weather because it shoals and waves often break all across the bar.

I believe the Columbia River bar is a bigger example of it. You should
be familiar with that inlet being as how you profess to live up there
in Washington State.

As for my fine blue water yacht's name, the fellow I bought her from
had her named "Autumn." I did not like that name so I changed it to
"Cut the Mustard." I have never called her anything else. Where you
got the idea she had multiple names is a matter of examining your
own thought processes. How any sane man could take as fact some
of the ramblings of the losers in this group over the actuality that is
Capt. NealŪ borders on the farcical.

Furthermore, this fixation you have on my having moved the keel is
bordering on delusion. Again, sir, the keel is still in its original
place.
I did not ever say I moved it and unless you can come up with where
I said I moved it and post it to prove your contention, then why not
admit your error?

All I ever said is I refitted the keel meaning I added some extra keel
bolts. Perhaps you assumed refitting means removing. To this sailor
refitting means fitting it with new hardware. This was done in the
water and did NOT involve removing the keel. I believe I mentioned
this procedure on my website. Please don't allow your misconceptions
and ignorance of nautical terms to cloud your judgment, sir.

As for the positive flotation project, that is true and factual. I have
poured all the dead space between the hull and the component with
two-part, closed cell, urethane foam. My fine, blue water yacht is
similar to an Etap or a Boston Whaler in that there is the hull, there
is foam and there is the inner liner (component). Not only that, but
there is no unsightly, heavy pilothouse on this Captain's real sailboat.

You have a pretty good memory for an old coot but you have a lot
of the details wrong. I guess you can be forgiven since it is more
a problem with reading comprehension than memory in my humble
opinion. For an old relic you could be a lot worse off. Heck,
compare yourself to the dazed, confused, bitter and psychotic
mental state of the Gay One who is half your age and you will
have to admit you are practically an Einstein.

Cheers! And, I'll drink to THAT!

Seriously, Ole Thom, let me be among the first to wish you a
Merry Christmas this year and many, many more to come.

Respectfully,
Capt. Neal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Hey Crapton,

Mr everything right, How about a post on the Broken Boom? How about a
History of the names on the "Banana Boat" before you changed the name
because of all the laughs the ASA was having? How about the true story
of the Keel?

Tell us about your project of making her unsinkable?

How about a re-telling of shooting the Inlet against the CG advice?

How about that for an Old Man's memory?

I still have many more of your tales. I'll save them. In the mean time,
Crapton. These are stories that you have posted. The real Crapton will
has no problem recalling them for the Newbies. (Nor will I)

Ole Thom