DSK

Dave wrote:
Actually, the local "sailing mafia" is pretty easy to deal with. The problem
is created by an outside clown who practically sits with a stop watch to
time when boats aren't on their mooring. Apparently he is a bit paranoid,
and thinks somebody got jumped ahead of him on the waiting list.

Gee, figure the odds

I think it's highly probably that people get jumped ahead on most
waiting lists. It's human nature. However, dealing with it in the way
that this paranoid clown you describe does is not good.

But what I had in mind was pretty much the whole procedure... mandatory
town moorings, waiting list, etc etc. For me, a sign that it's time to
move to a less crowded area. AFAIK the only place in NC like that is
Beaufort... a necessity due to high number of boaters per acre. Most
other places, there are plenty of free spots to put down a mooring, or a
developer eager to build docks & rent slips.

OTOH sailing in New England can be very nice... when it's not too cold.

DSK