Bobsprit

Well editing photos would assume you'd want the highest end computer to
handle the data..... I guess using an old notebook to download and edit
your photos for your "job" is okay if you have inordinate amount of time and
easy going clients.

What are you babling about. I don't use the notebook for my job. I said it was
the boat computer, All the same, Adobe Elements has no trouble handling RAW NEF
from the nikon because it has ample memory. Not as fast as the desktop, but
still fine. My desktop is a 3.2 200 gig HP with dual DVD burners and analogue
video conversion. I also have an external video drive. Yet the lowly old
notebook is just fine for casual use.
I'm sure you think you have a point to make. Perhaps you'll clue everyone in?

RB