Ian Malcolm

Stephen Baker wrote:
Jim C says:

I'm not sure how to mount gronicles to a granite hull.

If you build it correctly, you shouldn't NEED gronicles ;-)

Exactly, after all, the Celtic monks didn't think they were required
either. Mind you, they had God on their side. For those of us of lesser
faith, they should be socketed into the granite on a well tarred gasket
of unwashed lambs wool felt (ideally from the first borne lamb of your
flock), retained by bronze or preferably monel cramps locked into their
holes with either a pour of molten lead or sulphur depending on whether
a deosil or widdershins correction is required. I leave research on
esoteric questions like whether one should mount three or seven
gronicles each side, or the correct wiring or the oiling and general
maintenance schedule to the reader.

I like the idea of using Rhinoliner, Much lower maintenance than the
traditional tarred leather :-)

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy circa. 1961