Brian Nystrom

Hey Brian,
Well I live in Lerwick, but I go surfing out at Meal Beach and
St.Ninian's- but I have been known to drive around for an afternoon-
just to find good waves... Where did you go?
BeckyPie

We started out at the Shetland Canoe Club gathering on Papa Stour. It
was a fantastic introduction to Shetland, both for the spectacular
paddling and the wonderful people we met. In the following two weeks, we
rented cottages in Burra and Sandness. We paddled out of Hamnavoe to
Oxna, the home of one of my girlfriend's ancestors. We also paddled in
South Havra, Skeld to Reawick, and around St. Ninian's Isle, among other
places. We drove up to Muckle Roe and Eshaness on a day that was forcast
to be poor conditions, but it would have been ideal for paddling. Both
are on the top of our list for the next time we're fortunate enough to
visit Shetland.

I've posted several albums of Shetland photos at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom

The Shetland albums are on the second page. I'm sure the locations in
the photos will look familiar. You live in one of the most breathtaking
places to paddle that I've seen. I'm envious.