rhys

On 13 Dec 2004 23:30:18 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

rhys, did you see the current GOB and its comment about stopping chafe using a
cable through the chocks (two concentric PVC pipes to protect the chock) then
hooked to *rope* hooked to 8 (?) feet of chain hooked to the anchor?
Interesting. Appears to have completely eliminate any chance of chafe.

No, I didn't, as I don't get Good Old Boat very often...it's pretty
expensive and I find most clever boat ideas online. But that's a good
one, I'll admit. Is there a snubber or other shock absorber in there
somewhere?

I use plastic braid tubing and lanolin-coated leather in tandem
currently at the chocks. I am trying to convince my local fire station
to give me an old hose as that would be my chafe gear for the rest of
my life, likely. I could will the remainder to Junior Sailing G

R.