Steve Lusardi

I agree with the responders, but I wish to add one more thing. You should
never use pipe or tubing in marine construction except for decoration or
hand rails. It is impossible to view the interior and once wet, will not get
sufficient air to properly dry out. Corrosion is a risk, even with SS.
Steve

"MarshallE" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
I own a 1942 83 Ft. Wheeler (80 tons) and am rebuilding the anchor chain
locker. My plans are to add a bow roller for the chain and to guide the
anchors. Of course it has to be strong enough to handle the boat during
heavy storms/hurricanes when boat is anchored out.

Where do I buy these or do I have to have a local shop build one? It will
need to support 2 110 lb. plows and 600 ft of BBB 1/2" chain per anchor.

Currently the boat has a wood bulwarks that is rotten. One thought is to
remove this to the deck and go back with SST piping and add a bow pulpit.

For sure I am new to all of these topics and need good advice.

Thanks

Marshall