Doug Dotson

Who mentioned anchoring in 24kts? And in any case, what is wrong
with that?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Yeah, so would the manufacturer.

btw, who here purposely anchors in 24 knot winds just to make his wind gen
put
out amps?

I'd have to do some calculations but 29A at 24kts for a 1.2m diam
swept area seems to be pushing Betz's Theorem to the limit. I've
never seen variable pitch blades used in small turbines. Standard
design in large terestrial turbines but the pitch isn't controlled
passively but rather by the control system. I've love to have one
to play with though.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.17...
I recently ran across a site for a wind generator that I have never heard
of before. It's www.SuperWind.com and they make a wind generator that
looks very promising. Of course, I've never heard one in use or seen
one,
but their desription and output curves look very good. What I really
like
is that it starts generating power at low wind speeds and will generate
29
Amps at 24 kts and above.

The biggest problem seems to be that they're a German company and with
the
dollar falling so much against the Euro, it's getting more expensive by
the
day. However, I think that it's worth looking at.

Note that I have absolutely no relationship with the company. I'm
simply
passing this along as information.

-- Geoff