Nav

Overproof wrote:
"Nav" wrote in message

OK it will be clear enouch for both of you on the night of 23rd Jan but
you may have to snap it through a sucker hole. Just make sure you note
down the exact local time that you snap the picture. You should both use a
3 minute exposure at about ISO1600 for your scope apertures to brinbg up
the star field. Perhaps our resident Professional Photographer with the ~
7" refractor (1000mm f5.6) would like to add to this advice?

You want me to take a photo of the comet with my Nikon for comparison??

Excellent... contact me on the 19 of Jan /05 with the reminder. I'll give
it a shot.

As I suspected, you lost some aperture there CM (1000mm fl at f5.6
requires a minimum 7" objective lens). Anyway, put it in your diary.
What mount will you use?

Cheers