Terry Spragg

JAXAshby wrote:

reply interspersed"

I would like to ask three questions:

1) Does JAXAshby post useful, intelligent information in his responses
to others?

of course. see discussions on the inherant dangers of anchoring on all chain,

Nonsense, I used a half a mile of chain and never had it snub, even
once. Alternating floats and kellets on chain, known as an accordion
mooring, work very well. If you had any experience, you'd know.

or the invalidity of the concept of "hull speed",

It is a perfectly useful prediction of an approximation of the most
economical cruising speed in some cases.

or why sails don't "suck" boat forward because they are "curved on one side",

Sails certainly do suck, because they are anti-curved on the other
side. All arguements can be expressed from more than one viewpoint.
It's a mathematically invertable answer, like the famous "Gravity
blows apart matter with negative mass." -I forgot who said that.

or my relating my recent
offshore trip.

Let me repeat that one, because you missed it. Quote: ENE. Nothing broke. No
drama. Unquote.

How long did mommy let you stay in the tub? You know your duckie is
rubber because of the way you drowned the other one. Real duckies
don't seem to like you very much. I think they all have Jungian
telepathy, and only there are you a hot topic. (pronounced "Yun-gee-an")

2) Does JAXAshby ever post replies to others that are NOT insulting and
rude?

Jax usually replies to himself, but even then sometimes he is polite.

I only slide down to the level of the idgits when they claim the world's source
of information is Popular Science magazine, and they learned everything there
is to know by the time they were 13 yrs old.

You do it more often than that. Besides, Popular Science is the
BEST source of information, partly because it's timely, partly
because it's free if you read it while waiting for your beloved to
meet you by the checkout, also, it must be good, because some people
pay to read it. Suckers.

3) Is there anyone on this newsgroup who thinks that JAXAshby makes it a

better place?

Does painting dog poo make it "better?" At least, the medium
precludes his appearing here in person, so...Yaaa. But, soon, we and
he will be able to embed a dedicated, live web cam window in every
posting. At that point, I would have to reverse my answer.

Of course I know because they email. Sadly, most leave not long after due to
SO much non-valid garbage information spouted by people afraid of 14 knot
winds.

Better the idiots who do not reef? They don't leave, zaK, they plonk
you again.

Jimmy

Jimmie's not here. Go back to sleep. Do not belive what the trolls
tell you they want.

Terry K