Maxprop

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Did you perform said study in either Boston or San Francisco? Seriously
flawed, that study. Seriously . . .

Seriously??.... North Dakota, Montana, Seattle, Oregon, California,
Arizona, New Mexico, Texas (Real wimps there), Louisiana, Alambama,

Florida,
South & North Carolina, Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Maine....

and
yes the wimps in Boston. My wife at the time out drank any Cracker or

Yankee
we partied with. Truley a pathetic show of the consumption abilities of

the
USA in general. We were at a place in Huston... having a pizza and some
beer with these bikers we met..... come the 7th Jug of brew and 2 of them
were face down on the table. Neither of us had more than a slight buzz.

We
had to help carry them out to the cab and got to drive their bikes to the
hotel.

That's what you get for hanging with bikers, the wimps. The real men down
here don't have to wear leather and H-D logos to convince themselves they're
manly men.

Hmmm. We shall see. My local shop has a bottle--I called them

yesterday
ascertain that fact--and they are reserving it for me. I guess if it
tastes a lot like turpentine, I can always use it to clean up my lacquer
brushes.

Now see... that's just plain bad attitude. I recommend a fine rum you

have
yet to sample.... and already you're all negative about it. If I didn't

know
any better .... I'd say you are setting up an alibi in case it's too

potent
for your delicate palate.

G I've been known to drink slivovitz and aquavit, and you're worried
about my palate . . . Yes, my attitude it poor on the subject, but I've
just never found high-proof liquors to be worth much beyond a quick and
sustaining drunk.

Your liver thanks you.

My liver just does it's job without any whining.... it's a Belgian
Liver.... not some lily livered Yankee organ.

Do Belgian livers come pre-pickled?

None of the septugenarians I know drink much of anything beyond
electrolyte
supplements. Oh, and barium, on the occasions of their annual upper GI
series.

You'd best take a trip up here..... I'll intro you to a few seniors that
can drink the young'ens under the table.

The only place I've known old timers with such tolerance is in Italy. How
does five bottles of amarone sound at one sitting. (wish the old *******
had shared some with the rest of us . . .)

Only in Canada. Down here we have no such guiding regulations--just

women
hockey players from MN with more hair on their chests than Canadian men.
And wow can they bite.

... but can they drink?

They generally bite *after* drinking, but one never knows when those teeth
might appear.

Okay, I'll agree to bash the Frogs wid ya.

Oh Good!

Yeah, they are such a convenient target, aren't they? Hey, you've got a
bunch o' em up there in the eastern sector, doncha?

Stick to draglining oil sands up north, Cappy. Your differential
diagnostic
skills curve has flattened and begun to head south.

My diagnostic skills are just fine ..... you deal with a product known

for
premature failure [ Americans trying to hold their liquor] for an extended
period.... it's plain logic to expect failure from this product....

despite
the advertisement to the contrary provided by the company.

Overproof, M.D.? Nah. You must have missed that chapter on Merkun
tolerance to alcohol. Page 431, paragraph 4, line 23-31: " . . . the myth
regarding cultures outside the USA that possess unusual ethanol tolerance.
McGrady, et. al., discovered in their epidemiological study of North
American cultures vs. ethanol tolerance an inverse correlation between
latitude and the ability to withstand the deliterious effects of copious
ethanol imbibition. Subjects from lower latitudes demonstrated a greater
propensity for remaining conscious following 10 standard (2oz. 50% ethanol)
drinks than those from higher latitudes. The conclusion that equatorial
proximity equates to greater tolerance and polar proximity equates to less
tolerance appears to be substantiated by McGrady and . . ."

Have you considered becoming a yoga instructor?

She ain't askeered o' you or yo mamma, either.

Everyone is skeered o' my Mom.... even the RCMP call her "Anny Get Your
Gun"

Around here we call her "Katy bar the door." Or is it "Bar the door, it's
Katy?"

Ibid: your diagnostic "skills." When you *assume* you make an *ass*
outta
*u*, if not *me.* We Merkans like our women and our liquor straight.

Assumptions based on logical deductions are calculated risks..... much

like
your assumptions the your liquor has more than a modicum of alcohol and

your
women an interest in anything but a cheap drunken backseat romp... with
someone not of their gender.

Is that so wrong?

Oh. My. God.

Um, belay that urge to post that photo, will ya.

Too "Manly" a sight for you Max???

"Manly" ain't got nuttin' to do wid dat. Oh dear, but I've been possessed
of a most unpleasant mental image that simply won't abate.

Tacks?? Pshaw. We'll drink standing in a small circle surrounded by a

6'
ring of glowing coals, no shoes. Here's to ya, ya Rocky Mountain

oyster.

Oky Dokey..... a caveat... the small inner circle must be ICE!! :-D

We don't have any o' that stuff down here. Well, okay, we got some of it
today, but it won't stay long.

Don't worry Max.... I'll drag you out of the embers....

Aha, now I know why you want the ice--so the embers won't burn your feet
when you stagger backward. Gotcha.

Max