swatcop

Default Police Marine Units

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
news:29LCb.383435$ao4.1278020@attbi_s51...
Hi!

This might parrot what others said, but in my opinon the more you can

hound
wreckless jet-ski's the better. hehe And then of course wreckless

boaters
in general.

OUI is important too, but use your head. A couple guys out in a rowboat

with
a 5hp Jonnyrude, fishing, with a 12 pack in the cooler ain't the real big
problem, it's the speedboats with intoxicated operators that think they're
Mario Andretti. LOL.

Equipment checks are a good way to "bust balls" of someone you stopped for
operation. But to stop people *just* to do equipment checks is annoying as
all hell. There's enough strange operatoin out there to keep you busy.

And lastly, don't "become" the problem. There are a lot of narrower places
that just by inserting your boat in the middle - you *create* a no wake
area - this really ****es off people pulling skiiers and tubes etc. They
have have to drop of plane or get ticketed by Marine Patroll *because* of
the damn Marine Patroll boat. So...in narrow areas stay near the edges
please.

And as a personal favor. grin Older couples often don't have an extra
person to "spot" for the skiier.Yes, I know the law (in most states)
requires a spotter, but it's often just me and my wife. So I put a

rearview
mirror on the boat and call the German shepard my spotter. A warning will

do
just fine - as we're at least *trying* to get it right with the mirror.
Sometimes you just can't find a spotter without kidnapping someone - a

worse
crime. Don't make me have to get a blow up doll.grin

-W

I'll be looking for the ski-boat with the blow up doll in the back - you got
me to laugh on that one!
Anyway, I agree with your points on jetskis and reckless operation, I plan
to hit them pretty hard. Thanks for the tip on the narrow areas, although I
would have thought that to be common sense. Maybe it's different in your
area. And as a question on the safety checks, other than the marinas in my
town, most people use a public boat ramp area. Would you be offended if the
cops did a safety inspection on your vessel while you were waiting in line
to launch at a boat ramp? It seems to me like it would save time that way.
Thank you for your input.
--
-= swatcop =-

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."