JAXAshby

ABYC

From: "Doug Dotson" AMcom
Date: 12/13/2004 9:15 AM Eastern Standard Time
That's a new one on me. Can you site a reference that supports this?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
dougies, are you related to dog pile jeffies? you talk just as stew ped.
Ask
jeffie's wife to help you out here. follow closely, dougies, one step at
time.
"amps" when used in the context of boating means "amps used per hour at
12.8
volts". Again, ask jeffies wife to help you understand it. she is
patient.
she has to be.

From: "Doug Dotson"
AMcom
Date: 12/12/2004 10:48 PM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
doug, I certainly hope no one takes your advice. You are all over the
place,

I have been all over the place. And have been toasty warm in all of them.

and giving advice your simply don't know is contradictory. Please be
quiet.
If you fail that simple thing, I ask anyone who hears your advice to
triple
check it with someone who has actually been there.

Anyone should double or triple check any advise from another, especially
anything you might suggest.

3,000 amps in battery capacity, dougies. geesh.

Battery capacity is not measured in amps bozo.

From: "Doug Dotson"
AMcom
Date: 12/12/2004 9:07 PM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
That is the way battery ratings work.)

I know. Such a small battery is not suitable for any forced air
heating
system.

doug, a brand new, fully-charged Grp 27 battery will give up about 50
60
amps before it is dead.

I suspect you mean amp-hours since amps is not a measure of capacity.

Even more when going to flat dead. That Espar ran
that brand new, fully-charged Grp 27 battery flat dead in about 6
hours.
Flat
dead.

50-60AH at the 20 hour rate which is normally how batteries are rated. A
5
or 6
amp draw is much higher than the 20 hr rate. More like a 10 hr rate or
worse.

of course, it was not 68* outside. More like low 40's.

Depends upon what temperature the thermostat is set at, the outside
temp,
how well the boats is insulated, etc. Sorry, a Group 27 battery just
isn't
suited
for a forced air system. Isn;t really suited for much of a refrigeration
system
either.