Lone Haranguer

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

jps wrote:

In article . net,
says...

Why is it's Reagan's fault. He gave the states some funding, they abused
it. Where is it the Federal governments job to fund state mental health
programs? Did the Fed's fund the state hospitals?

Please Bill...it's the same tactic Bush just tried to employ in his
effort to dismantle Head Start. The first thing is to give the money to
the states and let them administrate it. Second thing is the state
decides to use the money for something else since neither crazy nor poor
people have much of a voice in our "democracy."

It's up to decent citizens to demand our society treats the mentally ill
and infirmed in a humane fashion.

What a dummkopf! Those same decent citizens didn't elect those who run
their state? People can't trust their state officials to do the right
thing so it has to come down as a command from Washington?

Fortunately, Bush's plan was thwarted by an onslaught of people who saw
through his transparent agenda.

So you don't trust your state government to be humane to mentally ill
and the infirm but you trust the bureaucrats in Washington?

Power to the people.

Sounds to me like you are taking power from the people and shipping it
to Washington.

Are you on dope?
LZ