Mac

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:17:10 -0800, RyanN wrote:

Does anyone know where to get isolation washers. Specifically the cone
shaped plastic pieces that fit under the head of a flat or oval head
screw to galvanicly isolate the screw from the item being attached
(such as an aluminum stanchion).

-Ryan

I used silicon sealant when I screwed mast steps into my aluminum mast
with stainless steel machine screws. Two years later the threads were
still clean, and the screws came out without too much drama.

I probably wouldn't use this on stanchion hardware, though. Maybe some
other sealant or adhesive would work well. 5200? It is also a reasonably
good insulator when cured.

Finally, if the aluminum is is black anodized, you may not need any real
isolation. The anodization is a pretty good insulator, although it is very
thin.

--Mac