JAXAshby

jeffies, I now understand why you act so fumb duck on that bay. you have never
been there and are reading the charts from the internet. jeffies, the internet
charts don't show the channel you have to follow to get from the inlet to the
canal. the channel is NOT the channel marked to the west side. that channel is
for powerboats only. the dredged channel sailboats use to the right, starting
at the inlet, going even more right and hooking left a bit up toward land and
then more left, and then more left until near the marina and then straight to
the canal. the sailboat channel is shallow with shallow water to either side.
Any sailboat that wonders off may well be aground. that bay is NOT sailable.

too bad jeffies that you accept ancient hearsay data as reality. check the
satellite photos to see how much and how often the bay changes. "local
knowledge" is a term you might want to become familiar with, jeffies.

From: Jeff Morris
Date: 12/11/2004 11:48 AM Eastern Standard Time
JAXAshby wrote:
The inlet
may be subject to shoaling

no kidding? You read that somewhere? you certainly have never seen it and
never, so how did you guess that the inlet "may be subject to shoaling"?

btw, fumb duck, the entire bay -- including the channel -- IS "subject to
shoaling". Local sailboats of ordinary draft NEVER sail the bay, and most
usually travel the channel at dead slow speed, often coasting slowly while
staring at the depth sounder.

jeffies, you really should ask your wife to pull of some aerial photos of

that
bar tosee just how much it changes over even short periods of time.

What's your point jaxie? You're tilting at windmills here - I never
said I had any desire to go there, especially not in my boat. However,
I have been in numerous places far more challenging than that.