Jeff Morris

JAXAshby wrote:
I have seen it and many times. And I -- like the CG and C of Eng -- know what
a lock is and does.

So why does the Corps call it a lock? Why does the Coast Pilot call it
a lock? Why do the builders of it and the operators call it a lock?
Why can't you find a single reference to a site that says its not a lock?

you have never seen it and never will. you do not now know what a lock is and
never will.

Right Jaxie. I learned to sail on the Charles River and used the locks
there dozens, maybe hundreds, of times. I've gone through the Erie
Canal several times. The Troy Locks, the Dismal Swamp locks. Great
Bridge. In fact, there's only a few locks on the East Coast I haven't
been through.

I am still looking for any "lock" on the East River, required by the difference
in water height on one end as compared to the other end.

What's your point? There is a significant tide difference, but there is
no lock. Why is the impossible for you to understand?