Doug Dotson

We have the forced air type (Espar) and are very happy with it. Matter
of fact it is my weekend project this weekend. I need to replace the
aluminum ductwork as it has corroded from the salt air (it seems to
be pretty old anyway). It burns about a quart of fuel per hour if running
continuously. Duty cycle obviously is a function of the temperature.

The water type has advantages (Espar, Webasto, etc). Easier to route
water tubing than to route ductwork. Also, it can be configured to run
off of engine water.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
I'm told that there are at least 2 types of boat heater, both of which
burn diesel; one using a blower to disperse the heat and the other heating
a circulating liquid.

What are the experiences of the group with both, please ?

Thank you,
Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny