Overproof

"Maxprop" wrote in message

I've had Lamb's 151, but it tastes a lot like Lemonhart 151; IOW a lot
like
turpentine. Not sure why they distill that proof, or why people drink it,
with the possible exception of getting quickly in the bag. I much prefer
80
proof--one can actually taste the rum. Even Goslings 80 is better than
their 100. For sipping straight up, 151 proof is awful.

Yes Max... I'd expect no less from a .... shall we kindly state.... delicate
palate... such as yourself.
I find the 151 a full bodied rum, rich and with a bite that lets you know in
no uncertain terms that you have achieved the pinnacle of rum expertise.

To those of us that have matriculated beyond the 'panty remover' stage...
the 151 Lambs has excellent taste and enough jaw.... to lift the hairs on
the nape of your neck.

It's obviously way too manly of a rum for some... as you seem to be touting
the self same defense as the rest of the limp wristed detractors incapable
of appreciating a fine and serious rum.

"Oh Captain Mooron... it's way too strong".. whined a simpering bilge
barnacle!

Well fancy Boy.... I sip it straight up, neat, room temp...... it's
delicious! In fact a stunt I'm well known for is to guzzle a quart of the
regular proof rum in one go..... then sit down and get to the serious
drinking.

Now Max old boy.... care to re-address your initial critique of my choice in
rum????

CM