Grumman-581

Default Priming a jet boat?

"Tony Thomas" wrote ...
It is the pressure in the tank - not the battery. Does your tank not have

vent?

From what I've been able to figure out of the system, pressure is introduced
into the tank to force (pump) the oil into the small gravity feed header
tank that sits above the engine... I don't know what is supposed to release
this pressure after the engine is turned off... Since I wasn't sure if there
was some sort of electrical pump involved, I also removed the positive lead
from the battery... The boat is a 1998 Sugar Sand Mirage with a Mercury 175
hp SportJet engine in it...