thunder

Default See you all in the spring....

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:38:50 +0000, F330 GT wrote:

1. Dying of starvation or disease as the population grows out of control
and the land can no longer support the herd. This happens quite often when
hunting is severely curtailed.

I don't have any problems with hunting, but there is more to the equation
than curtailing hunting. I live in New Jersey, and the deer population
here has exploded. Hunting has not been curtailed, on the contrary,
hunters are allowed many does, and several bucks, depending on
licenses/permits. Here, the Dept. of Fish & Game manage the herd as a
resource, I've heard it argued perhaps too successfully.