Me

In article ,
Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote:

On 7 Dec 2004 22:23:02 -0800, "Rolf" wrote:

route looses about 20% of the power.
The better option is to have a DC to DC converter like one that is used
to connect a Laptop to the cigarette lighter in a car. But how much
power does that consume?
Third choice, is there a brand of Laptop eg Toshiba or others which
accepts power stratight from the House battery, ie a voltage anywhere
between 10 and 15 volts?

The laptops I have used on boats--NEC, HP, IBM, and Toshiba-- all had
cigar lighter cords with no transformer. I suspect all that was inside
the bulge was overvoltage protection.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC

Let's Put the XXX back in Xmas

Actually most of those have a power input voltage of higher than 12Vdc.
That bump in the line is a Dc/Dc conveter that boosts the voltage
up to the required input voltage.....

Me