Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:27:59 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

When school gets out, I'll start the Erie Canal leg which may be pretty
leisurely as members of our families (all in upstate New York) come and go.
After the Hudson River leg, I'll be back in the kind of waters I'm used to.

Ending point for this odyssey will be Cape Elizabeth, Maine just outside of
Portland.

On your last day, don' t neglect to toast the "Commodore, Vice
Commodore, Race Committee Chairman, Youth program director, all the
past flag officers, and all the captains of the Boone Island Yacht
Club--May they ever prosper." or something to that effect.

As you come abeam of the island, of course. :-) and using a good
microbrew, no mass-produced ****.
'
Also, we toast Col John Newton and his crew that blew up Flood Rock in
1880 as we transit Hell Gate in NYC, a passage made much safer by one
spectacular explosion. For that toast we use a good domestic bubbly
(Gruet works) or real Champagne (Billecart Salmon works very well
indeed.

By following these rituals we have passed both Boone Island and Hell
Gate countless times without hitting anything.

I hope all goes well with your trip.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC

Let's Put the XXX back in Xmas