Ryk

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:25:52 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Have you considered going thru the Welland, then up L Ontario and the St
Lawrence out to the Atlantic, then a student body right down to Maine?

At least you get to see the Thousland Islands.

A motor trip across the Erie Canal is rather bland in comparision.

Wow, that's a suggestion to get the mind racing. I just checked it out
though, it's 1735 miles, 89% more than the ambitious 916 I'm already
committed to. The canal will also involve our families a lot.

Consider the option of doing the Welland and entering the canal via
Oswego, towards the eastern end of Lake Ontario. That makes a side
trip into the Thousand Islands a relatively small diversion, and well
worth the effort.

Ryk