Joe

Overproof wrote:
"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Yup, everyone knows the the scopes are poor since Tasco took

over....NOT!
The current C11 and 9.25 are the finest optical sets sold by

Celestron to
the
public. Pre-Tasco scopes were more hit and miss and sometimes worse

than
Meade
in rare cases.

Geee I read that many seek out the orange tube model.
That the quailty at the time was un-surpassed.

Mooron's ignorance and boredom are obvious.

See Joe..... here Bob is bragging once again about the quality of an

instrument that he cannot possibly realize the full use of in his

current
area.

He window peeps! Lots of building in NY.

He's being pretentious and self righteous.

Really! I'm amazed.

He can't admit the fact
that he has an idiotic piece of equipment for his location... yet

feels
obligated to point out the fact that his scope is the best on the

market....
not the best to suit his situation.

He even goes so far as to state that they are the most powerful

scopes sold
to the public!!?? WTF... "the public" can buy way more powerful

telescopes
than those.

I think most larger mirrows than 11" get very expensive. But your
right, if ya got the bucks Ill sell you a 20 footer from the University
of Arizona.

But finding something off the shelf larger than 11" might be a hard
task.

It's not like you need a license to own a telescope.... unless
the Patriot Act has suspended the privilege of purchase.

Not sure about telescopes, but I heard you now need permission, or
some sort of permit to launch Estes type rockets.

Joe

CM