JAXAshby

many times I boiled a 24 oz canteen cup of water to make c-rat coffee and do it
about 20 - 25 seconds. That stuff burns way too hot to cook food with.

it works wet, it works underwater, *but* (you knew this was coming) if
you compress it, by say, stomping on it to put it out, or such, it may
detonate. What you are doing is a slow burn, and the stuff is *mostly*
safe that way. Mostly.

Doubt it would boil a liter of water in 30sec, that seems more heat than
I recall from combustion of C4, but it does burn about as hot as those
solid fuel tabs you can get at camping stores. (chemically, it's not far
off of the triox tabs IIRC)

JAXAshby wrote:
propane camping stoves have *substantially* higher heat output than

propane
marine stoves, which have about the same heat output per minute as an

Origo
stove.

FWIW, a golf ball size clump of C-4 plastic explosive burned under a

pot will
boil a liter of water in about 30 seconds, but I wouldn't recommend

as a marine
stove.
(snip)

Q: What's a WASP's idea of open-mindedness?
A: Dating a Canadian.