Maxprop

"Vito" wrote in message

Similarly, my new R1100RT BM ran like crap so I blew $700 (IIRC) on a

major
service that didn't help. Wrench said it needed a minor adjustment (0=0

for
y'all BMrs) but it'd void my warranty. Happened to about 1 in 10 bike but
BMW NA's position was that I had the finest bike in the world and should

be
happy even if it didn't run. Ditto the chrome coming off my R1100C and

the
goofy wear that ruins $125+ front tyres every 4-5000 miles and ... and

So you have the infamous BMW "surge" that BMW corporate denies even exists,
eh. So does my R1150RT. The local wrench did a fine job of minimizing it
without resorting to the Rob Lentini mod. (0-0, as you say) but it's still
there. To boot, BMW rearended my local dealership and ran them out of
business, so now we have no official BMW service here now. The wrench went
independent, and I use him for most things, but it's so damned typical of
BMW corporate to screw over its long-time customers. Hate the *******s, and
I've bought my last BMW bike.

Good luck with your bike, and do the Lentini mod, now that it's out of
warranty. The mod works perfectly, albeit the fuel economy drops a little
and the emissions get slightly dirtier. (Only Mr. Ganz will get his panties
in a wad over that.)

Max