Sal's Dad

I'm not particularly interested in the physics, or wringing the last bit of
efficiency out, but would dearly love to see an inexpensive, portable
battery-operated set of running lights using LED technology.

Something that could be attached to a small (or big!) boat with velcro or
spring clamps, and reliably provide a few evenings' illumination per season,
without wiring or hassle. Even better if it were sealed or waterproof, to
survive kicking around in the bottom of a skiff, until needed.

Could such a thing be produced for, say $50/set? I for one would LOVE to
see commercial messages relating to a product like this. And yes,
technical info is appropriate on this newsgroup, even if it's not needed
right now. Someday I'll undoubtedly Google the question....

Sal's Dad

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 04:17:17 +0000, greenrayled
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Just beware being jumped on for "selling stuff" here. There are guys
here who provide enough other info to allow them to get away with a
bit, but some people take exception.

If anybody would like more information about led boat lighting design, I
would be happy to send some to them off-list...it is kinda long. I can
get carried away. ;-) -Ken