Tuuk

Tom

You better go back to school and relearn this part. Where you day dreaming
or smoking the hooch when they taught you that particular lesson?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:41:45 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
t...
one two three four.

over and out

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.

You took a class in operating a VHS at the Power Squadron? :)

It's one or the other...
over .....to let the other participant have the airwaves
out........to sign off.
Was he right?

Technically, that is correct.

Let's say that you and I are conversing. If I say over and out, that
indicates that the last transmission is yours - I am clear of the
channel once your transmission is ended.

Later,

Tom