K. Smith

Gould 0738 wrote:
What set you off, again, Karen Smith?

Your endless OT political posts!!!

Fair enough. Shall we expect the same abuse to be aimed at all the other people
who posted OT here, or are some of us particularly deserving targets because
our politics don't suit your own?

MY politics have nothing to do with anything, this is a boating NG, so
if you & about 3 others just stop actually starting OT threads, then the
rest will go away.

Are personal attacks more on-topic than political debates?

The personal attacks you complain of are on topic:-) you are a spammer,
what about the heater spam the other day??? You see yourself as someone
you are not Chuck, you are a big OT poster, I've made an effort to
comply with the truce instituted after your election, but you & a few
others seem to have used the hiatus as an opportunity to ramp up the OT
threads.

Logical question, however: if your bitch is with political posts, why do you
conjure up weird accusations in on-topic threads?

Again if you feel I'm out of line then defend yourself, I can & will
point to your deceptive spam I can & will point to your OT threads, if
you wish I'll even point to your abuse.

Why would you begin attacking me in a thread before I had even made a single
statement on the subject?

Why?? I need your permission??? I ask why would you continually start
OT political threads?? at least my comments are on topic.

Would you prefer that I give up posting on-topic altogether?

Only the off topic stuff I can & have over time learned to live with
your parroting of deceptive marketing spam & have even learned to
tolerate some of your other views (white suburbs indeed that still
takes some topping)

To split a very tiny

hair, the boat capsized, rather than sank, but that's no less a disaster.

If you actually knew anything about boats of that type, you'd know they

nearly always roll over once there's some real water aboard.

And if you knew from shoeshine, you'd know there's a difference between sinking
and capsizing. In a boat of any type. As I said, a capsizing is no less a
disaster.

In the context you were trying to spin it that the boat got rolled over
on the bar, it didn't the owner was clear it was taking water, once they
get a bit in them they roll over, indeed save a well managed dead calm
deceptive marketing demonstration they will not remain upright when flooded.

Here's some help for you. From Lenfesty's
"The Sailor's Illustrated Dictionary", (available at a fine nautical bookstore
near you for $24.95 US grin)

Capsize: (n) 1. To tun over. Most commonly it means the inadvertant turning
over of a boat. To capsize an oil drum is to turn it over, usually to gain
access to the bung.......2. A knot which changes its structure under strain is
said to capsize.

I must say I get a giggle when you tell us about "English":-) that's funny.

The boat rolled over as the inevitable "consequence" of taking on water
from a leak (it seems around the transom area but....????), it was not
the "inadvertent turning over of a boat".

Lenfesty doesn't even have an entry for "sink", it's so commonly understood.
Merriam-Webster confirms that the most common understanding for the word "sink"
is "To go to the bottom."

If not towed in promptly that boat would have sunk. Even much larger
boats can linger in an inverted position as part of the sinking process.

The fact that the creator of the "Give me a free boat, all my money back, maybe
both, and then I'll take down this damaging, one-side-of-the-story website,"
doesn't know the difference between sinking and capsizing, either, might
indicate that some of the other facts in the story could be less than accurate
as well.

So please paste where you got this from, you have no idea do you??? I
bet he was upset I bet even a bit unreasonable, so what??? the dealer
should have helped, it wouldn't have compromised the dealer indeed could
only have helped all concerned.

I'll now hold my breath while you castigate several other regular posters who
*have* directly challenged the website author's apparent lack of discerning
consumerism in purchashing a highly modified, 14 year old boat, (possibly
without survey), in the first place. That will be me in the corner of your
monitor, turning a suitable shade of blue.

You still don't get it do you, the boat filled with water that may or
may not be down to the manufacturer, the dealer, the boats age, boat's
prior accidents, weather & yes the owner, but the dealer dumping him
when he needed them is typical.

The owner bought it comparatively recently from one of your mates, when
he got into trouble for whatever reason(s) your dealers just dumped him,
that's the complaint & good on him for telling us about it.

I wonder if this is the first time he used the boat following purchase. If not,
what type of damage may have possibly occured after the 14 year-old used boat
was sold and the day of the capsize? Should the dealer offer free lifetime
repairs, or vessel replacement, to purchasers who buy a used boat "As Is" and
then (perhaps) run it aground or damage it while launching at a later date?

Chuck please try to stop a second, all that might be right but the
dealer just leaving him unsupported isn't.

He's unhappy & I support him telling us about it, after all you happily
regurgitate deceptive dealer sales pitches all the time here, a bit of
comes around is welcome.

Neither of us knows all the facts. I speculate there are things that *could*
have happened, but you applaud the damning website, say it's entirely the used
boat dealer's fault in any event, that a dealership you're not acquainted with
is a lousy place to do business, and that anybody else connected with the
marine industry is equally a piece of crap.

Which of us is being more reasonable, would you think?

Me:-)